What Are the Benefits of Homeownership in Northwest Indiana?



There are many great Northwest Indiana area homes for sale. Click here to perform a full home search, or if you're thinking of selling your home, click here for a FREE Home Price Evaluation so you know what buyers will pay for your home in today's market. You may also call me at (219) 531-1111 for a FREE home buying or selling consultation to answer any of your real estate questions.

Hello, and welcome back to the blog! Today, I want to answer a very common question we've been getting at Bart Vickrey & Co Real Estate. 

We own a handful of rental properties, and our tenants often ask us, "When is a good time to buy?" I always tell them the simple truth: NOW! As soon as you can, you need to buy a home! It's pretty simple: you're either paying your own mortgage, or you're paying for mine! I don't mind if you want to pay mine, but I think you would be better off building equity for yourself, not for me! 

I do appreciate all my tenants, but I want you to understand that the American Dream is homeownership. One of the main reasons is it's a form of wealth building. In a sense, it's an automatic savings account - you pay for your mortgage, part of that money goes to principal, and part of that principal pays down the debt. Once that debt is paid off, you have a very valuable asset on your hands! 

If you think now is the time to become a homeowner, or would like real estate assistance of any kind, don't hesitate to give me a call or shoot me a quick email. We're the number one team in Northwest Indiana for a reason, and we would love to show you what we can do! 

Thanks, and have a great day!

No comments :

Post a Comment